Greetings fellow gamers, Geochimp here, how did you all fare on the hobby front over the festive period? Personally, I did rather poorly on getting actual "stuff" done, but that doesn't mean I haven't been busy!
In between all of the booze and chocolate, I've been making steady progress on gathering stuff together for my Sallies project, namely spending money and buying plastic crack!
My hobby haul was rather spartan this year as my rellies were like "well we didn't know what to get you so here's some money/vouchers instead so you can get what you want". On Boxing Day, armed with a fist full of cash and GW vouchers, I trundled off to my local store to pick up some bits and bobs to keep me going for a while. I also hit up GW direct and Forge World for some other goodies which I'm waiting to be delivered, hopefully before the weekend so I can get building.
So, in addition to the stuff I'd already started on, I've now added 2 drop pods, a box of vanguard vets (not to use as vanguard mind you, but to construct veteran assault sergeants from & to raid for bitz), a chaplain and the legion praetors from Forge World. I'm also waiting for some brass etch to arrive with the praetors.
So far then, this is where I'm at with the progress:
- Captain - purchased, waiting for delivery
- Chaplain - purchased, waiting for delivery
- Librarian - purchased, assembled, painting WIP
- Techmarine - completed, however it's an old model I may do a repaint on, I'm undecided
- Command Squad - all assembled, standard bearer, champion & apothecary completed, 2 vets WIP
- Tactical Squad 1 - assembled & undercoated
- Tactical Squad 2 - 5 marines assembled
- Devastator Squad 1 - Sarge & Heavy Weapons troops assembled, x5 bolter marines required
- Ironclad Dreadnought - assembled & undercoated
- Venerable Dreadnought - purchased, waiting for delivery of FW bits for him before assembly
- Drop Pods - x2 purchased, awaiting assembly
- Land Raider Redeemer - assembled & undercoated
- Rhinos - x2 Rhinos requiring repaints
- Vindicator - requiring a repaint
As you can see, that little lot is plenty to be getting on with for the moment. What I'm going to try to do is get what I've got finished first before buying any more so that I don't end up drowing in a sea of sprues and getting overwhelmed with things. I'm hoping to get the librarian and command squad finished completely within the next fortnight, time permitting.
I've also set myself a target of getting 1850pts worth of Salamanders completed in time for the 40k Team Challenge at the Giant's Lair in Plymouth at the end of April as I want to try and go for best painted army as well as trying to place in the overall tourney standings. I'm not sure if that's a bit ambitious though, we'll have to see.
For now though, I'd like to wish everyone a very happy, prosperous and most importantly, hobby-filled 2014!