Wednesday 25 September 2013

Gunslingin'

I had a bit of an epiphany today when I was reading through the Space Marine codex.

I happened to notice that in the vanguard vet entry in the army list you have the option to replace your chainsword and/or bolt pistol with a plasma pistol and for some reason, and I'm not sure why, it prompted me to check the pistol weapon entry in the main rulebook.
Now, and here comes the interesting bit, if a model is armed with 2 pistols, the model gains the gunslinger rule and can fire both weapons in the shooting phase and still benefit from the +1 attack for having 2 CCW's. Wicked!

So, check this out:

Vanguard Plasma Bomb = 5 vets with dual plasma pistols and jump packs = 295pts

10 S7 AP2 shooting attacks and 20 melee attacks on the charge.
 
Bit expensive but could be a giggle.

Any thoughts? Hit me up in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment...