Tuesday 26 November 2013

Hobby Focus - Unto the Anvil of War! Salamanders 2nd Company

Evening all, today I'd like to reveal my forthcoming plans for my Space Marine army:

The full 2nd Company of the Salamanders


That's right, a whole battle company consisting of:

  • Captain
  • Chaplain
  • Librarian
  • Techmarine
  • Command Squad
  • Servitors
  • x6 Tactical Squads
  • x2 Assault Squads (& variations thereof)
  • x2 Devastator Squads (& variations thereof)
  • x2 Dreadnoughts
  • Assorted transports & vehicles
That little list equates to over 100 miniatures and is going to be quite the challenge to keep the motivation up to get to the end of it, but, I have made a start.

So far I've got the bones of the HQ section sorted, the heavy weapon section of one of the devastator squads, 1 1/2 tactical squads and most of my sergeants assembled. I'm going to concentrate on getting those bits painted first otherwise I'll end up swimming in a sea of grey plastic as usual! 

For the devastator and assault variations, they're going to be centurions and bikers/landspeeders/storm talons respectively but they aren't so much of a priority to start with. I'm also hoping to get some Forge World goodies in there too (I'm looking at you Bray'arth Ashmantle & Mk IV Ironclad!).

I've already painted my company standard as I thought that'd be a good place to start to get motivated, and here it is below.


And so "Into the Fires of Battle, Unto the Anvil of War!"


1 comment:

  1. I never notices the scales on the legs before, looks awesome though bud. Good luck with this, I definitely don't envy you

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment...